If you want to find your forklift’s carriage class, simply measure the distance between the top and bottom carriage bars. Put another way, the distance between the top edge of the upper fork bar and the bottom edge of the lower fork bar = the carriage height.
What is a Class 4 carriage?
Class 4 = 10,001 – 17,500 lb. Class 5 = 17,501 – 24,000 lb. However, measure before ordering since these are only guidelines. There are various reasons manufacturers may use a larger carriage, particularly on trucks that are close to the larger capacity.
Where do you measure forklift forks?
Measure thickness of fork shank / face and heel:
- Measure thickness of fork shank / face and heel:
- Fork shank / face and heel measurements should correspond.
- Once caliper is used to measure fork shank / face thickness, move caliper over to the fork heel.
What is the carriage of a forklift?
The carriage is a platform located in front of the forklift mast that is used to mount objects to be controlled by the mast. This includes the forks of the forklift, the load backrest and other features of a forklift truck that come in direct contact with the loads.
How are pallet forks measured?
Next, there are 3 key dimensions for each fork
- To determine length, measure from the front of the fork to the end of the tip.
- To determine width, measure from side to side of the fork you need.
- Next, measure the thickness on the back side of theforklift fork.
What are the 3 main guards on a forklift?
One final passive safety feature is the overhead guard. In the unlikely event that part of the load falls off of a raised pallet, the overhead guard is designed to protect the operator from small objects. The overhead guard is constructed to a very high standard and is an integral part of the forklift’s design.
How do I know what class my forklift is?
Identifying Forklift Carriage Class
- Class 1. Carriage height: 13” Lifting Capacity: Less than 2,200 lbs.
- Class 2. Carriage height: 16” Lifting Capacity: Between 2,200 lbs. …
- Class 3. Carriage height: 20” Lifting Capacity: Between 5,500 lbs. …
- Class 4. Carriage height: 25” …
- Class 5. Carriage height: 28.66”
How do you read forklift forks?
Check blade and shank angle – If the shank and blade angle exceed 93 degrees, the fork must be replaced. Do not allow machine shops to bend forks back into place! Ensure straightness of blade and shank – If the shank or the blade are bent, the fork can no longer be used.
How much can a forklift fork be bent?
But a forklift tine could bend on any axis, and it may only be visible from one angle, so be sure that all your forklift operators do a quick visual inspection of the forklift tines prior to operating. Just remember that the angle of your forks should never exceed 93°.
How much are forks for a forklift?
|SIZE||PRICE /PR||CAPACITY PER PAIR @24″LC LBS.|
What are the 3 levers on a forklift?
A forklift’s directional controls help move the lift forward and backward. There are three forklift directional controls: park, drive, and reverse. Directional controls can be mounted to a lift’s steering column. Or, they may be placed in a position where an operator controls them with their foot.
What is a 3 stage forklift?
What is a 3 stage forklift? 3-Stage – A three-stage mast, or triplex, is the most versatile forklift mast and also the most popular. The outer rails allow for free lift, and the two inner sections can lift loads higher than a two-stage.
What is a Class 2 forklift?
Class II forklifts are electric, narrow aisle models. As the name suggests, Class II forklifts are designed with maneuverability that allows them to operate in tight spaces and narrow aisles.
How are forks measured?
Rest the steerer tube of the fork on a V-block on a perfectly flat surface. Measure the height of the fork dropout off the top of the flat surface (Dim A). Measure the height of the center of the steerer tube off the top of the flat surface (Dim B). Subtracting Dim B from Dim A will result in the fork offset or rake.
How do you adjust forklift forks?
How Do I Make an Adjustment of Width of a Forklift Fork?
- Determine the best setting for the forks on your forklift. …
- Raise the forks to a height of approximately 30 inches. …
- Raise the fork slightly. …
- Shift the fork slightly until it drops into the notch nearest the desired distance.