A crane operator in New York City earns $82.15 an hour in base pay and benefits, according to the Engineer News-Record, a trade publication. That’s well’s above the $66 an hour he would earn in Chicago or the $39 an hour in Washington, D.C.
What is the highest paid crane operator?
Highest paying cities in United States for Crane Operators
- Beaumont, TX. $29.24. per hour.
- Middletown, OH. $29.12. per hour.
- Bakersfield, CA. $25.97. per hour.
- Portland, OR. $24.08. per hour.
- Birmingham, AL. $20.31. per hour.
What do crane operators make per hour?
What Is the Average Crane Operator Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
How much do crane operators make 2020?
Crane/Tower Operator Salary in California
|25th Percentile Crane/Tower Operator Salary||$43,923||CA|
|50th Percentile Crane/Tower Operator Salary||$54,618||CA|
|75th Percentile Crane/Tower Operator Salary||$66,590||CA|
|90th Percentile Crane/Tower Operator Salary||$77,489||CA|
How much is a crane operator paid?
How much does Crane Operator in United Kingdom make? The average salary for Crane Operator is £34,373 per year in United Kingdom.
Is crane operator a good career?
Choosing to pursue a career as a crane operator can be an excellent career choice if you know where to begin. The fact is that it’s a competitive industry, and there will be many qualified candidates jostling for the same positions you are.
Are crane operators in high demand?
Today, Crane Operators are in high demand. … According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Crane Operator jobs are expected to grow 8% from 2014 to 2024. This is slightly above the national average for the universal job market, but well above the national average for highly skilled jobs.
What is the highest paid job in construction?
Top paying construction jobs
- Elevator installers and repairers ($84,990) …
- Boilermaker ($63,100) …
- Construction and building inspector ($60,710) …
- Electrician ($56,180) …
- Plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters ($55,160) …
- Ironworkers ($53,650) …
- Sheet metal workers ($50,400) …
- Carpenters ($48,330)
How many crane operators die each year?
From 2011 to 2017, the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) reported 297 total crane-related deaths, an average of 42 per year over this 7-year period.
How long do crane operators work?
A standard workweek for crane operators is 40 hours (8 hours a day, 5 days a week). Similar to many other careers in construction, there are periods that will require you to work overtime.
Is being a crane operator dangerous?
Crane operators face great risk of catastrophic injury. And even though crane accidents aren’t always caused by negligence, more often than not, they are preventable. While workers face many dangers on construction sites, crane operators are often at risk for catastrophic injuries.
Which heavy equipment operators make the most money?
Detailed List Of Heavy Equipment Operator Salaries By State
What is the highest paying job?
- Anesthesiologist. #1 in Best Paying Jobs. …
- Surgeon. #2 in Best Paying Jobs. …
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. #3 in Best Paying Jobs. …
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist. #4 in Best Paying Jobs. …
- Orthodontist. #5 in Best Paying Jobs. …
- Prosthodontist. #6 in Best Paying Jobs. …
- Psychiatrist. #7 in Best Paying Jobs. …
How much do offshore crane operators make?
The average salary for Offshore Crane Operator is $45,584 per year in United States. Salaries estimates are based on 6018 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Offshore Crane Operator employees in United States.
How do you become a big crane operator?
Follow these career steps to become a crane operator:
- Earn a high school diploma or GED. …
- Enroll in a trade school. …
- Complete a general operator training program. …
- Secure an apprenticeship. …
- Obtain your Crane Operator Certification. …
- Get local certification and licenses. …
- Prepare your resume. …
- Apply for crane operator positions.
What do you need to drive a crane?
Eligibility Requirements for Crane Operator Certification
- Operator candidates must be at least 18 years old and provide proof of age by means of a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport) to exam site(s). …
- Operator candidates must be physcially able to operate a crane.