How do I choose the right size excavator?
Consider the following top specifications to match an excavator to your job:
- Engine power. You need an engine strong enough to get around your jobsite and perform tasks. …
- Weight. Focus on the maximum operating weight, which will cover the equipment, operator and load options. …
- Size. …
- Bucket capacity.
What is the best excavator to buy?
Top 10 Excavator Companies
- Volvo CE.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Liebherr Group.
- Deere & Company.
What is the best all around excavator?
The hottest mini excavators on the market
- Takeuchi TB216H mini excavator.
- Kubota U55-4 mini excavator.
- Bobcat E50 mini excavator.
- Caterpillar 301.8 mini excavator.
- Kubota KX040-4 mini excavator.
- Sunward SWE18UB mini excavator.
- Agrison ME850 mini excavator.
- Case CX26c mini excavator.
What are the different sizes of excavators?
Excavator Size Classes, Defined
- Understanding Size Classes. …
- Mini or Compact (0 – 6 metric tons; or <13,227 pounds): …
- Midi (6 – 10 metric tons; or 13,227 – 22,046 pounds): …
- Standard/Full-Size Crawler Excavators (10 – 90 metric tons; or 22,046 – 198,416 pounds): …
- Tips/Thoughts on Sizing Your Excavator:
How deep does a mini excavator dig?
A 4,000- to 6,000-pound mini excavator can dig a 10-foot-deep hole. Larger 10,000- to 12,000-pound mini excavators allow dig depths as deep as 14 feet.
How much can an excavator lift?
At a 10-foot radius, lift-over-end capacities of these machines range from 430 to about 10,000 pounds, and lift-over-side capacities go from 210 to 6,700 pounds.
Is it worth buying an excavator?
If you’re going to make frequent use of an excavator, then purchasing one can be a more efficient use of money than renting one for each and every project. Excavators are both highly reliable and durable, but expensive pieces of equipment to buy new, so in a lot of cases purchasing them second hand makes more sense.
What is the most reliable excavator?
The Top 5 Excavator Brands for Reliability and Safety
- Kobelco. Kobelco has been around since 1930 when the company was first founded in Japan. …
- Caterpillar. It’s hard to think of excavators without thinking of Caterpillar. …
- Sumitomo. Sumitomo, like Kobelco has its roots in Japan. …
- Hyundai. …
How many hours does a excavator last?
A high quality, well-maintained mini excavator (aka, compact excavator) has a maximum lifespan of about 10,000 hours. Heavy use and poor maintenance can quickly reduce that to about 8,000 hours.
What should I look for when buying an excavator?
Here is a list of ten important considerations for buying a new excavator.
- Operating weight/size, Application. It’s important to match the right size machine to the tasks at hand. …
- Hydraulics. …
- Transportation/Access. …
- Controls. …
- Operator Comfort and Ergonomics. …
- Tracks and undercarriage. …
- Tier 4 solutions. …
- Additional features.
What is the best selling mini excavator?
Top 10 Most Popular Mini Excavators on LECTURA Specs in 2019
|#||Globally (497,424 machines)|
|1||KX41-2 V Kubota|
|2||8018 CTS JCB|
|3||KX61-3 GL Kubota|
|4||X 320 Bobcat|
How big of an excavator do I need to remove stumps?
If you were going to be clearing good-sized hardwood stumps you would want a 200 size machine. An excavator works great clearing stumps because after you dig the stump out you can shake it to help get most of the dirt out of it. A 315 Cat or 160 size excavator would work good for what you want to do.
How much can a 6 ton excavator lift?
Boom : 2.9 m (9′ 6”) / Arm : 1.48 m (4′ 10”) / Bucket : 0.18 m3 (0.24 yd3) SAE heaped / dozer blade down with 470 kg (1,030 lb) counterweight.
What does LC mean on an excavator?
The “LC” here means that the model uses widened longer track, the purpose of the same is to increase the contact area with the ground, generally used in the construction of soft ground conditions. The letter “L” has many “excavator” models with the word “L”, which refers to the “longer type crawler”.
What is the largest size mini excavator?
Cat Mini Excavators (1-10 tons)
And yet the largest of the mini range, the 310, weighs in at 10,182 kg (9,601 with no counterweight or bucket) and the Cat C3. 3B engine brings a net 70.3HP to your worksite.