If you live in a region that gets several feet of snow each year and you have a good-sized driveway and/or sidewalk/patio area, a snow blower that can handle six-inches or more of snow might be worth the investment, and your back will thank you later!
Is snow blower worth the money?
You may already know how to shovel snow and its pros and cons. There are also advantages and disadvantages to snowblowing, and it may not be worthwhile to buy a snowblower. While some people need a snowblower as shoveling is too physically demanding, others may find shoveling takes less time for the typical driveway.
Do snow blowers damage driveways?
The short answer to this question is yes; snowplows can damage driveways. However, there are many factors that influence this scenario. It’s also possible to plow a driveway for years without damages. The trick is to employ the best methods with experience by your side.
How long does a typical snowblower last?
Average lifespan of an average snowblower, with average care.. probably 15 to 25 years.. Original quality and level of care are the two most important factors.. the same model can last 10 or 50 years, depending on how its cared for..
What is the average cost of a snow blower?
The snow blowers in our ratings range in price from about $200 to over $3,000. Features and size dictate price; here’s what you need to consider when zeroing in on the kind of snow blower that’ll serve you best. All snow blowers use an auger to suck up snow from the ground and discharge it through a chute.
What are the top 5 snow blowers?
The 5 Best Snow Blowers of 2021
- Best Overall: Troy-Bilt Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower at Home Depot. …
- Best Gas: Ariens Deluxe Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower at Lowe’s. …
- Best Electric: Snow Joe Single-Stage Electric Snow Blower at Amazon. …
- Best for Heavy Snow: Husqvarna Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower at Amazon. …
- Best Compact:
What is the best snowblower to buy?
The Best Snow Blowers
- Our pick. Toro SnowMaster 824 QXE. The best snow blower. …
- Runner-up. Toro SnowMaster 724 QXE. Almost the best snow blower. …
- Also great. Cub Cadet 2X 26 HP. Better for gravel driveways. …
- Also great. Ryobi RYAC803-S. Better than a shovel. …
- Upgrade pick. Troy-Bilt Arctic Storm 30. For huge driveways and deep snows.
What is the best snowblower for a gravel driveway?
- Best for Gravel Driveway. PowerSmart DB7622H 22 in. …
- Best Overall. Briggs & Stratton 24-Inch Dual-Stage Snow Blower.
- Runner Up. Snow Joe Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower.
- Best Cordless. Snow Joe 40-Volt iONMAX Cordless Snowblower Kit.
- Easiest to Maneuver. …
- Best Cordless. …
- Best for Heavy Snow. …
- Bang for the Buck.
How many inches of snow before you use a snowblower?
Most blowers can only do around 6-9 inches of snow before they become ineffective. There are some stronger commercial ones out there that can do around 12 inches of snow, however, even the best snowblowers aren’t effective beyond 16 inches of snow.
What is the difference between a snow blower and snow thrower?
A “snow thrower” refers to a single stage snow removal machine that picks up the snow in one motion and throws it out the chute with the continuation of that movement. … A “snow blower” refers to a two stage snow removal machine.
Is Legend force a good snow blower?
Your new LEGEND FORCE snow blower offers quality construction, and is easy and safe to operate. With proper use and care, it is designed to give you many years of dependable service. Prepare to experience the durability to take on any job with the ease, portability, and convenience of your new snow blower!
What time of year do snowblowers go on sale?
The best time to buy a snowblower is in May or June after the new models are introduced. This way, you can backorder a brand new model at a discount price instead of settling for some leftover that nobody wants.
What is the difference between a two-stage and three stage snow blower?
A single-stage type has one auger while a two-stage snow blower has two collection augers working together with an impeller. In contrast, the 3 stage snow blower has a third high-speed auger, which is ten times faster than the snow blower impeller.
How much is a cheap snow blower?
The WEN 5662 Snow Blaster is one of the most affordable snow throwers on the market; you can usually find it for around $100.
Should I buy a used or new snowblower?
Try used before buying new. Buying used will give you the chance to gauge how well a snow blower works on your property before investing in a new one. For instance, a one-stage blower is ideal for paved surfaces, while a two-stage machine can handle gravel driveways.
What is a good cheap snow blower?
Best Budget Snow Blowers
- Three-Stage Gas Snow Blowers (18+ inches of snow) Troy-Bilt Vortex 2890: $1,200. …
- Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower (up to 16 inches) Ariens AX254 921030: $1,000. …
- Compact Two-Stage Gas Blower (up to 12 inches) …
- Single-Stage Gas Snow Blowers (up to 9 inches) …
- Single-Stage Battery Snow Blower (up to 6 inches)